Paith Mega Food Park Pvt. Ltd. is promoted by Nath Biogenes (I) Ltd a associate company of Nath Group with has interests in agri-research & biotechnology, hybrid seeds & seedlings, paper pulp & paper and with decades of experience in contract farming.
Mega Food Park (MFP) – an introduction
MFP is a concept and scheme developed by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI), Government of India with the objective of providing adequate infrastructure for food processing industry to enable fresh investments into the food processing and also enhance employment opportunities in rural areas. MFP to have a Central Processing Centre (CPC), supported by Common infrastructure and Primary Processing Centres (PPC) and collection centres.
MFP will have a Central Processing Centre ( CPC), Supported by Common infrastructure and Primary Processing Centres (PPC) and collection centres.
- Located near Paithan, 35 kms from Aurangabad, emerging industrial city of Maharashtra.
- Aurangabad Airpot is about 50 kms and Mumbai International Airport is about 350 kms from the site.
- Mumbai Seaport, the centre point for agricultural exports, is about 350 kms from the site.
Ingredients of Success
A) Abundance of raw materials
B) Well developed markets
11 catchment districts of the PMFP are a basket of abundant agricultural and milk.
- Major sorghum, maize, wheat and pearl millet producing belt.
- Chief source of supply for pulses such as pigeon-pea, chickpea, black gram and green gram.
- Substantial production of oil seeds mainly soybean, safflower, sesamum, groundnut and sunflower.
- Specialize in supply of banana, kesar mango, sweet lime, pomegranate, papaya and gooseberry.
- Steady source of supply of vegetables - onion, tomato, beans, cucumber, carrot, cauliflower, cabbage, green peas, okra, eggplant, capsicum, gourds and a host of leafy vegetables.
- Reliable source of spices: ginger, coriander, chilli, garlic, turmeric and tamarind.
- Large producer of sugar including khandsari and gur.
- Leading producer of Milk.